ESUT PARROT

Katsina housewives chained for 10 months seek divorce

Two housewives whose husband, Samaila Musa, allegedly locked up, chained and subjected to inhuman treatment for 10 months in the Rimi Local Government Area of Katsina State, on Thursday urged a Katsina Upper Sharia Court to dissolve their marriage to the man.

Fatima and Hadiza, both 20, prayed the court to dissolve their marriage, insisting that Musa violated their fundamental human rights.

The housewives told the Sharia Court that Musa, among others, starved, prevented them from interacting with their family members and forcefully shaved their hairs for unknown purposes.


The duo further told the court that if permitted, they were ready to expose other atrocities that Musa allegedly perpetrated against them.

The two women, who were present at the court sitting, showed the pictures of their alleged maltreatment.

Their counsel, Hamisu Malumfashi, who led a team of lawyers to the court, cited several instances in the Holy Quran to justify the divorce request.

Malumfashi told the court that there were witnesses, including the police, who were ready to testify in the case.

Musa, who was also brought to the court by the police, denied all the allegations.

He told the court that he was being framed up.

The court’s Alkali (judge), Ali Ingawa, adjourned the case till  February 20, 2020, to enable the witnesses to testify.

A Katsina-based non-governmental organisation, Gender and Social Inclusion, had approached the court on behalf of the duo and filed a case of infringement on their human rights.


The police had on  January 23, 2020, arrested Musa following a tip-off at Yan-Mabayye village in Rimi  LGA.

The spokesman for the Katsina State Police Command, SP Gambo Isah, who gave reasons for the arrest, said on January 23, 2020, around 3.30pm, a team of policemen, led by DPO Rimi division, uncovered the house where the suspect incarcerated his two wives and shackled them with a chain in one room.

He said, “In the course of investigation, the police discovered that the victims had marks and signs of brutalisation on their bodies. They defecated in the same room where they were chained and their hair barbed for ritual purposes by the suspect.

“He also ground pepper and put it in their private parts and eyes, among others, during their menstrual periods. The suspect also asked them to clean up the semen on their clothes after having sex with them and forced them to drink the water.”


Actress Tawa Ajisefini and husband celebrate first wedding anniversary

Yoruba actress, Tawa Ajisefini Alli and her beau are celebrating their first wedding anniversary today. The couple got married on Valentine's day last year.

Taking to her instagram page to celebrate their special day, Tawa shared videos from their wedding day writing;


''All I have to say is ALHAMDULILAH πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™❤️❤️❤️❤️''




EFCC arrests 3 brothers,13 others over internet fraud

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) operatives have arrested two siblings and 13 others for alleged Internet-related fraud in Ibadan, Oyo State.

 The Acting Head of Media and Publicity for the EFCC, Tony Orilade, said in a statement on Thursday that the suspects, whose ages ranged from 16 to 48 years, were arrested at the Alarara area of the ancient city.

According to him, the suspects were apprehended following intelligence gathering by the anti-graft agency on their alleged illegal activities.

Orilade said three exotic cars, phones, laptops, international passports, Point of Sale (POS) machine and some incriminating documents were recovered from the suspects at the point of arrest.

 He said the suspects would be charged to court as soon as investigations were concluded.


Meghan Markle and Prince Harry axe all 15 of their UK staff

Harry and Meghan are axing 15 staff and closing their Buckingham Palace office. It is the surest sign yet that the couple and their son Archie are unlikely ever to return to the UK to live.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex broke the news to their team in person in January following the announcement that they were stepping down as senior working royals.

While one or two may be absorbed back into the royal household, most are now negotiating redundancy packages.

They are the latest casualties of Harry and Meghan's bombshell decision to move to North America and make their fortunes outside the Royal Family.

The other press officer to lose her job is Julie Burley, who worked for Harry, William and Kate on their successful mental health campaign Heads Together.

The assistant communications secretary was headed-hunted by Harry and Meghan and led the press team on his Invictus Games. She has also managed the media side of many of the couple's domestic engagements and patronages.

David Watkins, poached from fashion house Burberry in August as the couple's social media expert, is also out.

The source insisted that while 'Megxit' had come as a complete shock to the team, most accept their fate. 'The Duke and Duchess have a small team, less than 15 people. The team are very loyal to the Sussexes and understand and respect the decision they have taken,' the source said.


Police ban use of sirens, covered number plates in Rivers

The Rivers Police Command has banned the use of sirens, revolving lights, spy and covered number plates in the state.

A statement signed by the Rivers State Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Nnamdi Omoni, said the Commissioner of Police, Mustapha Dandaura, banned the aforementioned facilities due to the directive of the Inspector General of Police, Mohammed Adamu, on the abuse and indiscriminate use without appropriate approvals.

The statement said the Commissioner of Police, Rivers State command, appealed to the residents of the state, particularly banks, companies, private individuals and security personnel except those on covert operations to show understanding by complying with the directive and immediately remove the unauthorized and prohibited facilities or face prosecution.


Woman accused of infidelity kills husband after hitting him in the head using ‘rungu’

Police in Matungu, Kakamega County, Kenya have launched a search for a 44-year-old woman accused of killing her husband.

Roseline Nafula, who hails from Lubanga Village, is alleged to have fatally hit Joseph Okoth, 50, in the head after he accused her of infidelity.

On Tuesday 6pm, Okoth is said to have returned home and found his wife hosting two men in his house.

An irritated Okoth is alleged to have ordered the two men out of his house before confronting Nafula to explain how she was related to the duo.


Police say an angry Nafula reached for a club (‘rungu’), and hit her husband in the head.

“She smashed the rungu against a wound in Okoth’s head; the deceased had recently undergone a surgical operation,” Kakamega County Police Commander, Bernard Muli, told K24 Digital.

Neighbours said the couple had — of late — been embroiled in unending marital dispute.

One of the residents told K24 Digital that Okoth often complained of being denied conjugal rights, and that Nafula was unfaithful.

“Once we arrest the suspect, we will charge her with murder,” said Kakamega police boss Muli.

Okoth’s body was taken to St. Mary’s Mission Hospital morgue in Mumias.

“I urge couples to exercise patience and tolerance in marriages. Resorting to violence or murder wouldn’t help solve marital problems,” Muli advised.

Okoth and Nafula were married for at least 24 years, and had six children together; three boys and three girls. The eldest child is aged 23 and the youngest is 9 years old.

Another neighbour said the two had separated a few years ago, before reuniting in 2017. According to the informant, Okoth left Nafula because she was denying him conjugal rights.


FG discovers 1bn barrel of crude oil in North East

The Minister of State for Petroleum Resources, Timipre Sylva, said on Wednesday about one billion barrels of crude oil have been discovered in the North-East part of Nigeria.

 Sylva disclosed this at a news conference on the 2020 Nigeria International Petroleum Summit (NIPS) held in Abuja.

He said: “The figure we are getting, the jury is not totally out yet but from the evaluation results we are getting the reserve that has been discovered in the northeast is about a billion barrels.

“Those are the kind of figures we are seeing and we are beginning to understand the geological structure of the region.” According to him, a lot of oil is yet to be discovered in the country. He added that there was a need for more exploration as more oil would be discovered.


Workers stranded as Lagos-Ibadan road gridlock worsens

Some Lagos State workers  were forced to return home on Wednesday after the gridlock on the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway took a turn for the worse.

The gridlock, which affected the two lanes of the road, led to a standstill of vehicular movement for many hours.

Some commuters, who became frustrated with the situation, disembarked from commercial vehicles and trekked to their destinations.

Others, however, returned home. Punch Metro gathered that several breakdowns of trucks at various sections of the expressway and a truck accident at the Kara end of the road compounded the gridlock.


The lone accident, which happened around 6.30am, was reportedly caused by a yet-to-be-identified driver, who lost control of the truck while at top speed.

The truck was said to have crashed into a barricade at the point where the road was diverted due to ongoing construction works.

It was learnt that the gridlock that resulted from the accident stretched from Berger to the Asese end of the expressway for motorists inbound Lagos, while vehicles en route to Ibadan, Oyo State, experienced gridlock from Berger to the Kara end of the road.

A civil servant, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said she was forced to go back home when she noticed that the journey was not making any progress.

She said, “I got to Magboro bus stop around 7am and boarded a bus going to the Lagos secretariat for N500. I did not get to Arepo until around 9.30am. When I discovered the pace at which the vehicle was moving, I felt discouraged because I knew I won’t get to work until afternoon. So, I decided to disembark and return home.”

A motorist, who identified himself simply as Mr Adesuwa, said he wasted productive hours in the gridlock, urging the Federal Government to hasten contractors working on the road.

He said, “I left my house around Ago-Igbala, Ibafo, for Victoria Island around 5am, but I did not get to the Long Bridge at Warewa until around 12.35pm.

“I have wasted the day inside this traffic and I don’t even know when I will get to the office. I cannot even turn back if I want to do so because everywhere is blocked.

“We want the Federal Government to hasten Julius Berger to finish this construction in time. We are suffering on this road and it’s not good for our health.”

Another worker, Mr Adeola Aderibigbe, said he aborted his journey after confirming through a phone application, Google Map, that there was gridlock on the expressway.

A trader, Toyosi Omoboriowo, said, “When I saw that time had gone, I had to disembark from the bus and return home because I did not know the time I would get to Idumota to buy my goods. A day cannot go by without gridlock on this road. The government should pity people living on this axis because this gridlock is getting too much for us.”


Checkout this beautiful four generation photo

Just wow!


Boy caught eating two flies that land on his face during live TV interview

A young boy who appeared on TV alongside his family for a news feature has become a viral star after eagle-eyed viewers spotted his bizarre skill.

Film crews for The Project were visiting rural communities in Australia to see how recent rainfall was impacting the lives of many who had been struggling during drought conditions.

As the two parents stand behind their children, the mum begins to answer a question about the 'tough times' they have faced.

But as she speaks to the camera, a clip posted on Reddit zooms in on the face of her son, who is stood in front of her sporting a large cowboy hat and even bigger smile.


When a fly lands on his cheek, his smile begins to pull to one side to locate it, before his tongue comes out to pull the insect into his mouth.

No sooner has he swallowed the fly that it is replaced by another, and he again shows off his tongue dexterity to gobble that one down as well.

A man in the video can be heard laughing at the clip as he says 'he got two of them' before the camera cuts away.

Thousands of people were left confused by what they had just watched, as reported by LadBible, as one wrote: "Bear Grylls, the early days."

Another questioned: "How is it that flies can dodge a fast moving hand but they can't dodge a slow moving tongue?"

A third simply added: "A man's gotta eat."





Rapper Slowthai hurls glass into crowd at NME Awards before ugly confrontation (video)


Rapper Slowthai jumped into the crowd to violently confront a heckler at the NME Awards, after he had appeared to have thrown a champagne glass in his direction.

The 25-year-old performer is renowned for his hot streak and he took exception to having his winner's speech "ruined" by the audience member, who was calling out to him at the O2 Academy in Brixton.

During the altercation, Slowthai threw his microphone into the crowd, only for it to be returned with interest by those giving him verbals.

He was then restrained by bouncers as he launched himself into the crowd where he appears to want to take up the offer of a fight from his tormentor.


The confrontation happened after Slowthai appeared to have an awkward encounter with the award ceremony's host, comedian Katherine Ryan, as he was presented with the Hero's Award.

In footage shared on social media, Slowthai is seen looking at Ryan before telling the audience: "She wants me to tend to her flowers."

This followed the rapper getting up close and personal with Katherine, in which he urged her to "smell my cologne," and asks her "smells good don't it."
He later refers to her as "baby girl" and shushes her as she tries to intervene.

After he offered to give Katherine a 'good time', she replies sarcastically: "You are like the hottest guy I've ever seen."

Despite being mocked, Slowthai took this as a come-on and replies: "Exactly so stop playing with me.
"I'm so thirsty for you c***, thank you for the attention."

Katherine finishes by ridiculing him, saying: "Let's hear it for erm So Hot, he's So Hot."

She then looked to intervene as Slowthai turned his attention to the audience member who was taunting him before the incident turned ugly.

A couple of air punches were thrown before the tormentor is led away by security while others try and hold back the rapper from continuing his desire for a scrap.

Katherine later tweeted about the incident and shrugged it off the attentions of the rapper.

After a Twitter user wrote that she had defused the situation with sarcasm to hide her discomfort, Katherine shared the tweet and added: "He didn’t make me uncomfortable. This is why we need women in positions of power.
"I knew he had lost from the moment he opened his mouth like any heckler coming up against a COMIC - not a woman - a COMIC.

"I was operating 2/10. What a sweet boy. I defused it. Tonight was fun!"